Friday, July 18, 2014

Let's Talk Food Prep!




Alright friends, let's talk Food Prep!

Eating clean meals are key to achieve your fitness goals.
Planning your food or food prep is key to eating clean meals during the week and staying on track!  Every Sunday you can find me in my kitchen chopping, shredding, steaming, baking and roasting food for the week ahead. Sure, it takes me a few hours but it’s a part of my weekend I truly love it.  We make it a family day! I get my husband and children involved and it becomes fun. As a mom, it makes me feel good knowing I am giving my family the foods they need to live long healthy lives. And as they watch me prep they start to form good habits for themselves as well. I know that if I want them to eat clean meals during the week we need to plan and prep!

Do you plan your meals and prepare them in advance? If you don’t you need to give it a try and here’s why:

- You will save money

 by watching me they will form the same good habits for themselves. I know that if I want us to be eating clean meals during the week I need to plan and prep!

Do you plan your meals and prepare them in advance? If you don’t you need to give it a try and here’s why:

- You will save money

In order to start eating clean meals you need to plan! Spend more time planning meals, and spend less cash on your groceries! Remember that food prep starts at the grocery store. So, If you food shop with a meal plan in mind you’ll only buy the things you’re going to use and will be less likely to buy on impulse because something looks great or is on offer.


Eating Clean Meals Starts at the Grocery Store
 

- Planning ahead saves on food waste

If there’s one thing I can’t stand, it’s food waste. The thought of fresh food going in the trash makes me mad (and sad!) We can all do our bit by only buying the food we need, and the best way to do this is by planning ahead and knowing how much of each ingredient you need to prepare all the meals for the week ahead.

- Having food handy saves you time
and it also saves you from turning into that grumpy mean person when you get hungry.
I am not nice when I am hungry and my husband can vouch for that. So having food handy saves us all.

We’re all busy!  But if you want to train hard and recover well, you need to meet your caloric needs and get good nutrition into your body. For those days when life gets complicated, prepped food is a savior! It’s great to be able to grab your food or pre-packed snack from the fridge.   This will prevent you from falling of the wagon and be tempted to buy unhealthy snacks.  So, you don’t have an excuse for not eating clean meals.

- Prepare your food and stick to your goals

Finally, preparing food ahead of time means that you will be eating clean meals and sticking to your food plan. Whether you work with a coach, dietician or simply know what you need to do to get the body of your dreams, nutrition is a huge part of the equation. Yes, I said HUGE! Don’t let bad food choices hold you back. Always have the ideal meals and snacks handy – no excuses!

My food prep includes some fat burning foods like:

Grilled chicken breasts or fish
Roasted veggies
Baked or steamed sweet potatoes
Hard-boiled eggs and something my family never goes without is Shakeology. We drink it everyday, but I also food prep with it on Sundays as well. I make baked healthy but delicious sweet treat like a oat-based Shakeology bars or Shakeology no bake cookies. They are fantastic quick grabs for the kids and they love them.


What are some of your favorite foods, and what day of the week is food-prep day in your house?  Are you ready to start eating clean meals?

If you do not know where to start I can help!  Click this link below and make me your Coach today! " IT'S FREE" 
I will put you into one of my FREE Clean Eating Clubs and help you get started.

CLICK HERE TO MAKE ME YOUR COACH FREE:
https://www.teambeachbody.com/tbbsignup/-/tbbsignup/free?referringRepId=257550 


No comments:

Post a Comment